Saling Simms Associates

Comprehensive Strategy Needed to Manage Wealth

EVERYTHING CONNECTS TO EVERYTHING.
That unusual sign hung in the room of Jim Saling, CIMA®,CPWA®, Registered Principal throughout his childhood. Today, it embodies the philosophy of wealth management at Saling Simms Associates, an Independent Registered Investment Advisor. “Wealth cannot be managed in a vacuum,” explains Saling. “True wealth management must consider all aspects of your life. Portfolio, tax and risk management as well as generational wealth issues including estate, legacy and philanthropic considerations all come into play.”

Brent  Simms, Vice President and Investment Advisor Representative, Saling’s partner of 25 years, concurs. “Many clients who come to us for the first time are accustomed to the outdated silo approach where the wealth manager, CPA and attorney do not collaborate. A failure to coordinate those professional advisors can result in lost opportunity costs. We seek to identify those missed opportunities and capture them through proper collaboration.”

With a three-decade reputation of excellence, Saling Simms Associates are qualified to forge strong working relationships with their clients’ other trusted advisors. It is evident they speak the language because The Ohio Society of CPAs frequently invites them to speak at meetings and conferences or webinars, providing continuing professional education credits for its members.

Saling Simms Associates’ team approach follows internally as well, creating a client-centric rather than an advisor-centric delivery process. Taking full advantage of the expertise of all of its members, a dedicated client support team focuses on ensuring clients’ needs are met with efficiency, accuracy and a personal touch. Meanwhile, each wealth management professional brings varied disciplinary backgrounds, lending an experienced perspective to lively team planning meetings.

Licensed in 35 states, Saling Simms Associates manages assets of approximately $100 million. While continually placing a high priority on periodic face-to-face meetings with clients, Saling Simms Associates embrace Web-based technology to meet with out-of-state clients. Their use of technology is an especially valuable business tool when addressing the multigenerational needs of families. “We often work with ‘first generational wealth,’” says Simms. “Studies show that 70 percent of first generational wealth has evaporated by the second generation, 90 percent by the third. We want our clients to be among the other 10 percent.”

 

7965 North High St., Suite 130 | Columbus, OH 43235
614-841-1881 | 800-360-7724
www.raymondjames.com/SalingSimmsAssociates

Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Member FINRA, SIPC